Thursday 5 March 2015

Harper's Bazar, Vol.IV, No.12 - Jacket & Blouse Pt. 2

In my last post, I focused on the beginnings of the sleeveless jacket. Now I'll show you the pattern I planned to use to make the blouse. It is from the same Harper's Bazar issue:

The pattern is for the blouse only (only a brief description of the skirts were included). I chose to make it without the ribbon sash trim you see, which never looks as good in person as it does in the illustrations.















Below you will find the description and instructions from the pattern. It's another simple one, only a few parts.


In reading everything, you'll see that there is no mention of a closure method. From the look of the illustration, the front is closed with with hooks/eye or with just overlapping and pinning. I chose to go with no closure so that it could just be pinned later on. All those ruffles make for a perfect shield to cover any pins. =)

 In the above picture you can see the blouse tucked into a skirt (nothing special about the blouse bottom edge). There are no front darts, leaving this blouse with a looser fit. Just cross it over and add some pins =)
Above you can see the finished sleeves. Scalloped lace under the two layers of ruffles. The lace is not part of the original pattern/description, but I added it. =)


Above, you can see the gathered front attached to the back. I think this would look much better if I had used a thinner, more delicate fabric. This cotton is a big stiff =/

(To be continued with Full Ensemble...)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks =) I have yet to make this pattern a second time, but I definitely will at some point

      Delete